General terms and conditions of accommodation services (villas)
These General Terms and travel regulations are a part of the Agreement, in other words the voucher, between Galileo d.o.o., Zvonimirova 14/IV, Split, (hereinafter: Galileo) and the travel contractor (hereinafter: the Traveler). All the information and terms in the program and these General Terms are binding for both Galileo and the Traveler unless otherwise determined by the Agreement.
Galileo guarantees for the accommodation services in accordance with the information published and with all the details of the confirmed reservation except in extraordinary circumstances that could not have been anticipated or avoided.
2. Categorization and service description
Villa offer on www.galileo.hr is described and categorized according to the official categorization when being published on these web pages. Please be aware that Galileo will not take responsibility for any information different from the information displayed on www.galileo.hr web pages.
Accommodation, nutrition and other standards vary in different countries and cannot be compared. Information that Traveler receives in a tourist office do not oblige Galileo more than information displayed on our web pages.Notes for presented information
3. Reservations and payments
Inquiries and reservations can be made online using our catalogue, via email, in person in Galileo’s office or at one of the Galileo’s partner agencies.
By confirming a reservation, the Traveler confirms that he/she is aware of the General Terms and conditions of the travel services and fully comprehends and accepts these terms which are binding for both the Traveler and Galileo. Galileo provides the contractor the appropriate promotional materials or program either in printed form or electronic form, presenting all relevant information regarding the trip, and provides or points out the general terms and conditions of the trip which are a component part of this Agreement and also offers a travel insurance package.
To confirm a reservation, a deposit is required for wherein the amount is determined by the method of payment. The remaining amount must be paid no later than 45 days prior to the beginning of the service unless otherwise specified by the terms and conditions (with the exception of payment in installments), with which the Traveler is familiar with upon confirmation of the reservation.
When making a credit card payment, please be noted that your credit card will be charged to the amount stated in kunas based on the exchange rate of “Privredna Banka Zagreb”.
4. Sojourn tax
Traveler is obliged to pay sojourn tax defined by the “Croatian Law of the Sojourn Tax”. Daily sojourn tax as described in the “Croatian Law of the Sojourn Tax” varies between 4,00 and 8,00 kunas per person for adults. Youth between 12 and 18 years have a discount of 50% on that amount. Children up to 12 years of age do not pay a sojourn tax. The final amount of the sojourn tax for a specific reservation is determined by the destination in the Republic of Croatia as well as the dates of the accommodation and is calculated according to these General Terms and paid with the final amount of the tourist service. The reservation calculation will include the amount required for sojourn tax.
5. Accommodation price
The price of the accommodation includes the basic service as described in the price list for the accommodation unit and the reservation. Special services are those services which are not included in the base price of the accommodation (available through prior notification and additional payment) and as such the Traveler is obligated to pay for these services separately as indicated in our offer. Special services/requests must be made during the reservation process.
The service rates are listed in Euros. Galileo reserves the right to change the listed rates. Galileo guarantees the accommodation rate, which the Traveler paid as a deposit for a specific reservation, listed in the calculation on the basis of which the deposit was paid. Should rate changes occur prior to the deposit being paid, Galileo is obligated to inform the Traveler of these changes.
Should the number of people for the reserved accommodation unit exceed the number indicated on the travel documents (voucher), the service provider has the right to withhold services for unannounced travelers or allow all travelers and request additional payment for unannounced travelers on the spot.
6. Reservation payment
- 50% of the accommodation price according to the confirmed inquiry
- 50% of the accommodation price, minimum 45 days prior to the beginning of the service
- 100% of the total price upon booking confirmation (obligatory if the arrival date is in less than 45 days)
7. Right of Traveler to change or cancel a reservation
If a Traveler wants to change or cancel a confirmed reservation he/she has to do it in a written form (email, fax, mail) or in Galileo’s office. Change is considered if a Traveler wants to change the name of a reservation holder, number of people or to change arrival/departure date. Change can be made not less then 30 days before the start date of reservation. First reservation change (if possible without additional expenses) will be carried out without a charge. Galileo will charge 15 Euros for each additional reservation change (if the change is possible). If a reservation change is not possible, and that was the reason for Traveler to cancel the reservation, cancellation terms stated bellow would be applied. Change of the accommodation unit and all the changes made less then 30 days prior to arrival or during the use of a reservation will be treated as reservation cancellation.
In case of cancellation, cancellation expenses will be calculated based on a date Galileo received a cancellation notice from the Traveler.
Terms of cancellation are:
- For cancellations up to 56 days before the start date of reservation, Galileo will charge 30% of the reservation price, minimum 15 Euro
- For cancellations from 55 to 43 days before the start date of reservation, Galileo will charge 50% of the reservation price
- For cancellations from 42 to 29 days before the start date of reservation, Galileo will charge 65% of the reservation price
- For cancellations from 28 to 15 days before the start date of reservation, Galileo will charge 90% of the reservation price
- For cancellations from 14 to 0 days before the start date of reservation, Galileo will charge 100% the reservation price
Galileo guarantees accommodation services only for the guests (number of guests) listed on the travel document. In cases when unannounced guests arrive in reserved accommodation unit, the service provider has the right to withhold services for unannounced travelers or allow all travelers and request additional payment for unannounced travelers on the spot.
If a Traveler does not arrive in reserved accommodation unit by midnight without informing Galileo about arriving late, this reservation will be considered cancelled. Cancellation expenses will be calculated using the cancellation terms. Should the actual costs of the cancellation exceed the above listed fees, Galileo reserves the right to charge the actual costs.
In the event that the Traveler must cancel a reservation within 7 days of the beginning date of the service, Galileo offers the Traveler the chance/possibility of finding a new Traveler/User for the same reservation if possible (this depends on the service provider), wherein Galileo will only charge for the actual cost of the replacement. The new reservation holder assumes all of the obligations of these General Terms and Conditions.
8. Rights of Galileo to change or cancel a reservation
In case of a special circumstance that could not be avoided or resolved, Galileo keeps the right to change or cancel the reservation. Galileo can replace a reserved accommodation only if the Traveler was previously notified. Alternative accommodation will be of the same or higher category with identical price. If the only available accommodation would be of the higher category and with price up to 15% higher, Galileo will consult the Traveler. If agreement has been reached, Galileo will charge the Traveler for a price difference.
In the event that a replacement accommodation unit cannot be arranged, Galileo reserves the right to cancel the reservation by first notifying the Traveler no later than 7 days prior to the beginning of the service date and guarantees a full refund of the paid amount. If Galileo cancels a reservation, the Traveler is not entitled to compensation from Galileo and Galileo is only obligated to refund the amount paid in to the Galileo’s account. If an adequate replacement unit is not available on the day of the commencement of the service, Galileo will make an effort to provide the Traveler with information on the possibility of an alternative arrangement which is not part of the Galileo's offer or will refund the Traveler for the full amount paid for the reservation.
9. Galileo’s obligations
- Galileo is obliged to check and maintain a good level of accommodation services, and following the practices in tourism to protect the interests and rights of travelers.
- Galileo has to issue travel documents after receiving a payment for total reservation value. Galileo will carry out these obligations, except in cases of special circumstances, when Galileo will act following the Article 8.
10. Traveler’s obligations
- Traveler is obliged that he/she, his/her personal documents and baggage fulfill customs conditions and health regulations of his/her own country, destination country and/or neighboring countries.
- Traveler is obliged to check whether a visa is required to travel in the countries mentioned above.
- When traveling to certain countries, it is necessary to have a written certification of vaccination against certain diseases.
- Traveler is personally responsible to arrange a transfer to the accommodation unit. Galileo will provide all the available information to make it easier for Traveler to locate the reserved accommodation. If there is a possibility and also a need, traveler can arrange a local transfer directly with the service provider.
- Traveler is responsible to follow the house rules in private accommodation units and hotels, and show good manners on public places.
- Upon arriving to the accommodation unit, Traveler has to show travel document (voucher) to the service provider.
- Traveler is responsible for the damage he causes, and especially for the damage and problems caused by disregarding these terms, conditions and obligations. Traveler is responsible to cover the damage directly to the accommodation provider.
The transport of luggage by plane is free of charge provided that it is within the permitted weight requirements of the airline. Any additional luggage will be charged according to the going rates of the airline. Children, regardless of age, are not entitled to free transport of luggage by plane. When traveling by bus each traveler is permitted 2 pieces of personal luggage. Each traveler is responsible for property transported by bus and is also responsible for baggage and luggage when leaving the bus. In turn, the Traveler is responsible for lost, damaged and/or stolen property left on the bus unsupervised.
Galileo is not responsible for lost or damaged property or stolen property or valuables kept in the accommodation unit (renting a safe if possible or buying an insurance package which would include luggage is recommended). Lost or stolen property is reported to the accommodation provider or local police station.
12. Passports and visas
Travelers are obliged to have valid passports. Invalid passports leading to a cancellation of the travel shall not have any harmful consequences for Galileo, and, if Galileo would suffer an additional damage due to such an omission by a traveler, the traveler is obliged to compensate the same.
If a passport is lost or stolen during travel, the costs of issuing of a new passport shall be borne by the traveler himself/herself.
Galileo shall not be responsible for decisions by customs or police or other state authorities banning a passenger's entry into a particular country.
13. Travel documents
After Galileo receives a payment for the total reservation value, travel documents will be sent to the traveler (using fax or email) not later then 24 hours after reservation being confirmed. Traveler is obliged to give the document which confirms payment of service, (the Voucher received by e-mail), to the service provider upon the arrival to the reserved accommodation.
In case provided services would not be carried out in a proper way, Traveler has a right to make a complaint.
Traveler is entitled to seek a reasonable compensation if a reservation holder files a written complaint. Every reservation holder files a separate complaint. Galileo will not take into consideration complaints that a Traveler did not make on the spot. In that case traveler looses his/her right for a refund.Procedure:
- Traveler is required to complain about the poor service upon arriving to the accommodation. Traveler is obliged to contact Galileo immediately on the arrival day by email firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone +385 21 542 233.
- Galileo is obliged to send a representative on the spot, while the Traveler is required to wait for him/her at the accommodation, subject of complaint. Traveler is required to cooperate with accommodation provider as well as the Galileo representative in good faith in order to solve the problem. Should Traveler would not accept the proposed solution, representative will make a written record of the complaint in two copies, one for Galileo and the other for the Traveler. Traveler would be immediately informed if Galileo would not have any available representatives at the time. In such cases Traveler is required to continue to cooperate with service provider in order to solve the problem.
- Traveler is required to accept the alternative accommodation in the same accommodation building (if alternative exists). If Traveler refuses to accept the solution that is in accordance with the paid services, Galileo is not required to accept any further complaints referring to this service. If Traveler accepts the solution on the spot, Galileo will consider complaint as solved and will not be required to accept further complaints referring that particular service.
- Should this complaint not be solved, Traveler is required to file a written complaint along with the representative’s record (if available) and other relevant documents and photographs that provides evidence for the basis of complaint, to Galileo by email email@example.com or by mail at Galileo d.o.o, Zvonimirova 14/IV, 21000 Split. Galileo will take into consideration only fully documented complaints received no later than 14 days after the ending date of reservation.
- For all the services for which Traveler believe are not satisfactory, Traveler should complain on the spot. If a quality of services should not be improved or satisfactory, Traveler is required to follow this procedure as described. It is in Traveler’s best interest to write his/her complaint or comment to the “Book of Complaints” at the spot (were available).
- Galileo is obligated to issue a written decision no later then 14 days upon receiving the complaint. Galileo can postpone its decision for additional 14 days in order to collect all the necessary information and documentation regarding this complaint. Galileo will take into consideration only complaints which could not be resolved at the sport during the reservation period.
- During this process, Traveler will renounce intervention of a third party, arbitration of UHPA, court institutions and is not allowed to give any information to the public media while complaint is not resolved.
- If the Traveler is not satisfied with the solution, he/she has a right on court arbitration in a court in Split. Competent law would be Croatian Law.
The highest compensation for a single complaint cannot exceed the cost of the services in the complaint. Compensation cannot include provided services and it cannot amount to the total paid to Galileo. Compensation cannot include any additional costs that Traveler experienced because of a complaint procedure.
Galileo will not be held responsible for weather conditions, cleanliness of the sea and beaches, quality and availability of facilities of destinations visited, road construction, condition of surrounding houses and facilities as well as all the other similar situations and events not directly related to the quality of the reserved accommodation unit, that can result in the dissatisfaction of the Traveler.
15. Cancellation insurance
Should the Traveler upon confirming a reservation anticipate specific situations which may cause him/her to cancel a trip, Galileo recommends taking out cancellation insurance. Cancellation insurance cannot be paid after-the fact and must be paid during the booking process. Insurance premiums are calculated according to the value of the trip and according to the rates of the insurance company (for apartment rental the amount is calculated by divided the rental rate with the number of people in the apartment). Cancellation insurance is only valid in the following situations and confirmation must be provided in writing:
- accidents resulting in serious injuries
- sudden acute illness, which requires immediate medical attention/care
- complications during pregnancy
- intolerability of vaccines which were required by the regulations of the destination country
- property damage as the result of fire, natural disasters or vandalized property by a third party
- military service/recruitment
Should the Traveler not have cancellation insurance and is unable to travel and possesses written confirmation for one of the above mentioned situations Galileo reserves the right to refund the Traveler according to the cancellation terms listed in Article 7 of this Agreement. In the event of a reservation being cancelled, visa application costs are non-refundable even if the Traveler has cancellation insurance. If the Traveler has a cancellation insurance policy, the Traveler must file all claims with the insurance company which issued the policy, while Galileo is obligated to provide all necessary documentation relating to the claim and the reservation in question. All other terms and conditions are enclosed with the policy and Galileo recommends that travelers read the policy carefully and thoroughly.
16. Travel insurance
The cost of the trip does not include the travel insurance "package": insurance against accidents and illnesses that may occur during the trip, damage or loss of luggage or health insurance. Signing a travel Agreement, which includes these General Terms, signifies that the Traveler has been offered and received recommendations for additional insurance mentioned in the previous article. Should the Traveler request additional insurance, arrangements can be made at any insurance company or by the Galileo itself wherein the Galileo only acts as a mediator.
Before buying insurance Galileo strongly recommends each traveler to read the terms and conditions carefully.
17. Warranty in case of insolvency or bankruptcy of tour organizer
In accordance with the Law on Tourist Activity, in case of insolvency or bankruptcy of Galileo, customers caught by that while traveling, as well as persons which made payments for accommodation services should contact the provider stated on the travel certificate or on another corresponding document as soon as possible
18. Personal information security
The Traveler provides personal information of his/her own free will. Personal information is required for processing requested services. The same information shall be used for inter-communication. Galileo is under obligation that the personal information of the Traveler will not be taken out of the country or given to a third party except for the purpose of carrying out requested services. The exception of passing on personal information to third parties refers to cancellation insurance or insurance against accidents and illness, insurance of lost luggage and health insurance for the duration of the trip both locally and abroad. Should the Traveler request insurance, the personal information of the Traveler will be passed on to the insurance company. The personal information will be kept in a database in accordance with the Management's decision on the method used for collecting, processing and securing personal information. With the acceptance of these General Terms, the Traveler gives permission for his/her personal information to be used for promotional offers of Galileo.
19. Important notice
When making an advance payment for a reservation, Traveler fully accepts these and conditions become legal binding both for the Traveler and Galileo.
In the event of simultaneous offers, discounts cannot be combined. Additional discounts do not apply to last minute offers.
Please pay attention to children discounts, as well as to other benefits which are set apart in the description of an accommodation.
21. Court jurisdiction
Traveler and Galileo will aim to settle possible law suits in the application of this Agreement and if an agreement cannot be reached the issue will become subject to the decision of the Split Court jurisdiction, under the authority of the laws of the Republic of Croatia.